Annoying yellow spots under the arms:
We all know it, you wore your new white shirt yesterday and now there are yellow patches under your arms. But why do yellow spots appear on white clothes and how do you make discolored white clothes white again? We try to give you the answers to that here.
Why do yellow patches appear on white clothes?
The answer is simple. The yellow spots under the arms are a mixture of sweat and your deodorant. So the best thing you can do is to change your deodorant to one that does not contain aluminum if you want to avoid yellow stains on white clothes.
How to remove yellow shields
Should you be unlucky and there are yellow spots on your new white shirt, the best housewife advice is to remove yellow spots with a vinegar mixture. Always remember to use clear white vinegar - not the brown one. Follow our step-by-step guide below.
Here's how you do it:
- Mix the vinegar in a ratio of 3:10. That is, 3 parts clear white vinegar and 7 parts warm water
- Soak the shirt - preferably overnight
- Carefully wring the water out of the shirt
- Rinse the shirt thoroughly with cold water
- Wash the shirt according to the washing instructions
- If the yellow spots have not gone away: Repeat the process
Effectively get discolored clothes white again
Another good tip to get yellowed clothes white again is to use a mixture of citric acid and soda. By following these simple steps, you can wash white clothes white again without any problems.
How to wash white clothes white again step-by-step
- Fill a tub with 5 liters of water and add up to ½ dl of citric acid
- Soak the shirt for approx. 30 minutes, then wring the shirt free of water
- Then fill a tub with water and add 1.5 dl of soda
- (New point) Soak the shirt in the soda mixture and wait 20-30 minutes
- Rinse the shirt and wash it according to the washing instructions
What is the best washing powder for white clothes?
The best washing powder for white clothes is washing powder that does not contain bleach. Therefore, we recommend that you use a colored wash for your white shirts to avoid discolored clothes after washing. It is important that you use the correct dosage, as overdosing damages the garment and can reduce the lifespan of the shirt.
See our selection of shirts here..